Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Toy Hack Reflection Questions:

1. If you were to box and sell this, what would you market it as? (What is the purpose?)

If I were to box and sell this item, I would make it a comedic packaging with sarcastic names. It would be along the lines of: "Dino Ernie" or "Ernie the Dinosaur". The purpose of this product, is to show kids that there is both good and bad sides to everything. On one aspect, Ernie is a kind and well reputable character, but in a dinosaur body, it could show his bad sides.


2.  What do you like the most?

I like the combination and irony of the toy, it provides it with a contrasty feeling that works well with conveying the message trying to be conveyed. I also like how it all came together, I did not have an idea of what to do, until it was time to do it. I also like the screws in Ernie's head, shows a "Frankenstein" look.

What do you like the least?

The things I dislike the most are the button I created and some of the glue spots being undone. If I were able to make the dinosaur move with electronics, it would enhance greatly. Lastly, I dislike the fact that the only way i could mount the button was with glue.

3. What would you do if you were to re-do this assignment?

If I were to re-do this assignment, I would make the seams stitched not glued. I would make them with professional looking stitching. I would also want to add moving parts and maybe move the mouth of the dinosaur. Lastly, I would add lighting to the eyes and change the voice box.

No comments:

Post a Comment